Top Ten Places to See in Turkmenistan




The most amazing places and things to do in Turkmenistan:

Konye-Urgench
Konye-Urgench is a city in Dashoguz Province, Turkmenistan. It is the site of the ancient town of Ürgenç (Urgench), which contains the unexcavated ruins of the 12th-century capital of Khwarezm. Since 2005, the ruins of Old Urgench have been protected by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site. Most travellers are amazed with the Nedjameddin Kubra Mausoleum which was built in the 14th century, it is considered as the holiest place in Konye Urgench. Nedjameddin Kubra lived in the 12th/13th centuries.


Ashgabat
 
Ashgabat is the capital of Turkmenistan, surrounded by Ahal Province. Ashgabat is a relatively young city, growing out of a village of the same name established by Russian officers in 1881. It has a population of 695,300 (2001 census estimate), 2009 estimates around 1 million people in Ashgabat, and is situated between the Kara Kum desert and the Kopet Dag mountain range. Museum of Turkmen National Values, 9am to 12:30 pm, 2 to 5:30 pm, daily. In the first floor, the Museum houses displays of silver jewellery for women and horses, and replicas of the golden bull- and wolf-head sculpture from Altyn Depe.

Avaza
Avaza is located at the east side of the Caspian sea, 12 km west of Turkmenbashi city. A multi-billion dollar construction project near Turkmenbashi aimed at creating a "national touristic zone" of over 60 world-class hotels, shopping, and a new international airport is expected to draw travellers from around the world. Caspian Sea is situated on the west of Avaza. From geographical and economic point of view Turkmenbashi, situated at the junction of main communications – air, sea, auto and railway communications, is considered to be a kind of gates to the Central Asia.

Karakum Desert
Karakum Desert the Karakum Desert lies east of the Caspian Sea, with the Aral Sea to the north and the Amu Darya River and the Kyzyl Kum desert to the northeast. It occupies about 70 percent, or 350,000 km², of the area of Turkmenistan.

Balkanabat
Balkanabat is a city in Balkan Province, Turkmenistan. The former name, Nebit Dag, means "Oil & Mountain" in Turkmen language, and it is named for the reserves of oil and large mountains of the Balkan mountain range.  The Regional History Museum is a must see for all travellers.

Derweze Flaming Crater
Derweze Flaming Crater located in the middle of the Karakum desert, about 260 km north from Ashgabat. The Derweze area is rich in natural gas. While drilling in 1971, Soviet geologists tapped into a cavern filled with natural gas. Darvaza inhabitants are mostly Turkmen of the Teke tribe, preserving a half-nomadic lifestyle.

Yangykala Canyon
Yangykala Canyon is a city in Balkanabat, Turkmenistan. One of the most spectacular natural attractions in Central Asia, 165 km north of Balkhanabat, 160 km east of Turkmenbashi. Yangykala canyon surpasses Bryce canyon and approaches the Grand in its spectularness. It can even be hiked down, in between its toes of red rock.

Dasoguz
Dasoguz is a city in Dashoguz Province, Turkmenistan near the Uzbek border. Early in its history, it was a popular stop on the Silk Road because it had a spring, hence its name. Founded as a fort in the early 19th century by the Russians, modern Daşoguz is a Soviet-designed city with many monuments and museums acting as a local administrative and cultural center and rail junction. Among the most amazing sites in Dasoguz are the Dinosaur sculptures in the town center and the Bai Bazaar a colourful market.

Merv
Merv is located near today's Mary in Turkmenistan. Merv's origins are prehistoric, archaeological surveys have revealed many survivals of village life as far back as the 3rd millennium BC. Under the name of Mouru, Merv is mentioned with Bakhdi (Balkh) in the geography of the Zend-Avesta (commentaries on the Avesta). It was also formerly called Achaemenid Satrapy of Margiana, and later Alexandria and Antiochia in Margiana, and was a major oasis-city in Central Asia. Most exciting sites to see here are The Bronze Age Settlements Kelleli, Adji Kul, Tai, Gonur Depe and Togoluk date from 2500 to 1200 BC. They are situated in the Northern part of the oasis. Kelleli 3 and Kelleli 4 have a double external wall with towers and houses.

Nissa
Nissa is an archaeological site in Ahal Province, Turkmenistan. Nisa is described by some as one of the first capitals of the Parthians. It is traditionally assumed to be founded by Arsaces I (reigned c. 250 BC–211 BC), and was reputedly the royal necropolis of the Parthian kings, although it has not been established that the fortress at Nisa was either a royal residence or a mausoleum. The fortress at Nisa was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 2007. Old Nisa is a natural hill, about 14 ha wide, surrounded by high defensive earthen ramparts with 40 rectangular towers, The top of the hill was flattened and levelled with layers of earth.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

BETTERMENT FUNDING {bettermentfunding@gmail.com}
Hi everyone, i am Alexis Ohanian am so glade coming back to this great forum to testify about the help i received from Chester Brian. I was in desperate need of a loan in other to be free from debt and financial bondage that was place on me by my ex husband. It was really bad that i have to seek for help from Friends,family and even my bank but on one could assist me because my credit score was really bad. So i was browsing with my computer and saw some testimonies from people Chester Brian assisted with a loan, then i decided to contact him on his email {bettermentfunding@gmail.com}, then i received a mail from them and i did all that was asked from me. To my greatest surprise they transferred to my account the loan i requested and now i am so happy clearing my debt and have also started a business with the remaining amount to take care of myself and family. If you need a loan do contact the best loan lender of all time Chester Brian on his email: {bettermentfunding@gmail.com}

Unknown said...

I`m Charlie Bean and I live in Toronto Canada. I needed a loan to buy a house and I searched for a mortgage loan from all banks and I was denied and I loss hope of having my own house until I came across a post just as you reading my post now. I saw a post about a Financial Service Company who gives loan at 2% interest so I applied in STEAKLEY FINANCIAL SERVICES using their email steakleyfinancialservices@yahoo.com. And my loan was granted it was like a dream but was true and now am a owner of a house in Toronto and am paying the mortgage loan with no stress and I also requested if I can be granted a business loan and I was also granted. Now am living a happy life, I will advice you if you have an financial problems and you need money to settle it so you can pay with no stress just contact Steakley Financial Service at their email Steakleyfinancialservices@yahoo.com or number +1(512) 714-8010.

Unknown said...

WELCOME TO BETTERMENT FUNDINGS {bettermentfunding@gmail.com}

our aims is to provide Excellent Professional Service.

Our loans are well insured for maximum security is our priority, Our leading goal is to help you get the services you deserve, Our program is the quickest way to get what you need in a snap. Reduce your payments to ease the strain on your monthly expenses. Gain flexibility with which you can use for any purpose – from vacations, to education, to unique purchases

Are you a business man or woman? Are you in any financial mess or do you need funds to start up your own business? Do you need a loan to start a nice Small Scale and medium business? Do you have a low credit score and you are finding it hard to obtain capital loan from local banks and other financial institutes?.

We offer a wide range of financial services which includes: Personal Loans, Debt consolidation loans, Business Loans, Education Loans, Mortgage Secured Loan, Unsecured loan, Mortgage Loans, Payday off Loans, Student Loans, Commercial Loans, Car Loans, Investments Loans, Development Loans, Acquisition Loans, Construction Loans, with low interest rate at 2% per annul for individuals, companies and corporate bodies. Get the best for your family and own your dream home as well with our General Loan scheme.

If you are interested to get a loan then kindly write us with the loan requirement.Please, contact us for more information: bettermentfunding@gmail.com

We look forward to hear from you ASAP

Interested applicants should Contact us via email: bettermentfunding@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

FINANCIAL BREAKTHROUGH

Life indeed is GRACE, I'am Daan Sophia currently in California USA. I would like to share my experience with you guys on how I got a loan of $185,000.00 USD to clear my bank draft and start up a new business. It all started when i lost my home and belongings due to the bank draft I took to offset some bills and some personal needs. I became so desperate and began to seek for funds at all means. Luckily for me I heard a colleague of mine talking about this company, I got interested although i was scared of being scammed, I was compelled by my situation and had no choice than to seek advise from my friend regarding this very company and was given their contact number, getting intouch with them really made me skeptical due to my past experience with online lenders, little did i know this very Company "PROGRESSIVE LOAN INC. was a godsent to me and my family and the entire Internet World, this company has been of great help to me and some of my colleague and today am a proud owner of well organized business and responsibilities are well handled all thanks to Josef Lewis of (progresiveloan@yahoo.com).. So if really you are genuinely in need of a loan either to expand or start up your own business or in any form of financial difficulty, i advise you give Mr Josef Lewis of Progressive loan the opportunity of financial upliftment in your life Email: progresiveloan@yahoo.com OR Call/Text +1(603) 786-7565 and not fall victim of online scam in the name of getting a loan. thanks



Unknown said...

EDWARD JONES FINANCE IS THE BEST PLACE TO GET A LOAN {Jonesloanfinance@yahoo.com},
God bless you sir, I will not stop telling the world about your kindness in my life, I am a single mum with kids to look after. My name is Emily Thomas and I am from Convention Center Drive, Miami Beach, FL . A couple of weeks ago My friend visited me and along our discussion she told me about EDWARD JONES FINANCE, that they can help me out of my financial situation, I never believed cause I have spend so much money on different loan lenders who did nothing other than running away with my money. I have been in a financial mess for the pass 7 months now, She advised I give it a try so I mailed him and explain all about my financial situation to him, he therefore took me through the loan process and gave me a loan of $390,000.00 at a very low interest rate of 2% and today I am a proud business owner and can now take good care of my kids, If you must contact any firm to get any amount of loan you need with a low interest rate of 2% and better repayment schedule, please contact EDWARD JONES FINANCE email:- {Jonesloanfinance@yahoo.com} OR Text +1(307) 217-5388

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Grants For Single Moms